Provincials - 2012
- Provincial Men's Physique Division class is open to all competitors. There is no Pre-qualifier to enter this category
- Top 10 competitors qualify for the Nationals.
- Overall Winner has a lifetime bye to Nationals and may not compete again at the Provincials.
- First place finishers have a 3 contest Bye to Nationals, of which they can compete twice.
- Second and Third place finishers have a 2-contest Bye to Nationals of which they have one opportunity to compete.
- Fourth to tenth place finishers have a 1-contest Bye to Nationals, and must compete that year.
IFBB Pro Card Opportunities
- In 2012 The CBBF is proud to announce that we will be providing Men's Physique classes at The Canadian Natural Physique Championships on April 28, AND yet to be determined CBBF national events in August. Overall winner will receive a Pro Card
- North American Physique Championships August 31st/ September 1st: 2 Height Classes, Class winners earn IFBB Pro Card- Athletes will need to have placed top 5 at one of the CBBF national events in order to compete in this show
Weigh-Ins / Height-Ins (Friday evening before the show)
- Weigh-ins: Double check your entry form for information concerning the location and time of weigh-ins. It is your responsibility to be on time!!
- Numbers: Your numbered tag should be placed on your left hip. Place it on the flat plane of your hip to prevent it from twisting or flipping around. This way the judges should be able to see it clearly.
- Bring your food as height ins can be a lengthy process.
Rounds of Competition
Pre-Judging and Finals
- Competitors will walk to the center of the stage alone and perform quarter (1/4) turns with optional pose of hand on hip or hand in pocket, face the judges as directed then proceed to the side of the stage.
- The competitors will be brought back out in a group and directed to do quarter turns
- Judges will have the opportunity to compare competitors against each other in quarter turns.
Judging Criteria / Suit Selection
Muscularity and Body Condition
- Judges will be looking for fit contestants who display proper shape and symmetry combined with muscularity and overall condition. This is not a bodybuilding contest so extreme muscularity should be marked down.
- Contestants will be asked to walk in board shorts (shorts must be just above the knee in length and can be one inch below the belly button, no spandex and no logos are permitted on the board shorts however a manufacturer's logo such as Nike symbol or Billabongs are acceptable.) Competitors will enter the stage without a shirt and barefoot. No lewd acts allowed for example the moon pose. Judges are looking for the contestant with the best stage presence and poise who can successfully convey his personality to the audience.
If you wish to approach the judges, please do so after the show is over, or at the conclusion of the evening finals. The judges at the night show are also judging for the various overall awards so make sure your class has finished. You can also contact the head judge or the Alberta Bodybuilding Association for information regarding scores, results, etc.
This requires that an athlete conduct himself in a manner which will reflect favorably on the sport of bodybuilding. Any conduct contrary to that effect is discouraged, and depending on the severity of such conduct, can lead to suspension from competition. Such conduct includes, but is not limited to:
- Making disparaging remarks concerning any ABBA official, judge or fellow athletes in the venue location.
- Making disparaging gestures while on stage.
- Smashing, breaking or throwing an award, damaging or vandalizing the contest venue.
- Any conduct which demeans you, your fellow athletes, judges or officials.
|Front Pose||Quarter Turn|